Childhood in Motion Workshops
CHILDHOOD IN MOTION: THE WORKSHOPS
Designed for parents looking to capture sincere, casual, and fun shots of their kiddos between formal portrait sessions, our class provides practical tips to boost your photo skills. Crafted with the beginning "momtog" or "dadtog" in mind, you'll receive 1:1 mentoring that allows you to capture everyday images of your child(ren) for years to come, covering DSLR camera settings, lighting, and our favorite tips for working with small subjects!
WE BELIEVE THE SWEETEST MOMENTS ARE UN-POSED
Childhood is messy. And sweet. And fun! But mostly messy...right? Well our photos don't need to be any different.
Our philosophy behind "Childhood in Motion" is that beauty lies in the everyday details: playing in the park. Building Lego towers in the living room. Playing with the family pet. THESE are the moments where life is truly lived.
Our mentoring sessions help you capture the everyday details that show your family (however you define it!) in it's truest form: no posing, no forced smiles, no tears, no stress.
THE DETAILS: MentorinG BASICS
PART ONE: IN-PERSON MENTORING
At all of our mentoring sessions, you'll receive:
- Delicious coffee (or grown-up beverages!), goodies and time to chat with Carli about questions you have. I love getting to know you!
- Camera and lens basics (including camera settings that are best for children and portraits, tips for when to use a specific lens, and flash settings). The takeaway? You know how to operate that DSLR you've been toting around (without using the "auto" setting!).
- Lighting 101: How to manipulate the lighting in your home or outside to get the best shots for your setting.
-Tips and tricks for "non-posing": How to capture kiddos authentically, without all the fuss.
PART TWO: ONLINE FOLLOW-UP
Time to put those new skills to the test! After your Childhood in Motion workshop, you'll receive additional support and encouragement from Carli to hone and advance your new skills.
Your personalized online follow-up includes:
- 2 individualized (and optional!) digital "homework" assignments to work on your newly learned skills/test out your camera. Submit to Carli via email, and receive individualized feedback and tips to make your shots shine!
- Access to the Perfect Salt "Childhood in Motion" online resources, including the private Pinterest board and Facebook group!
-20% off of one future portrait session with Perfect Salt Studio (excludes wedding photography).
GET STARTED: PACKAGES & GIFTS
Payment plans available. For all other workshop or party sessions, please email Carli at email@example.com